Monday, March 7, 2011

Shattered & Crackled-China Glaze Crackle Polish Review

 

Hey Y'all!

I finally got my greedy little hands on some shatter nail polish. I was straight up stalking Ulta looking for O.P.I.'s Black Shatter from the O.P.I. Katy Perry Collection. They were always sold out as well as other stores that carry O.P.I. I even had a stupid coupon!  >_< I heard that China Glaze had their own collection. So I went to Sally's in search of this damn "unicorn" polish.

The China Glaze Crackle Collecion has 5 colors. They are priced at $4.99 or 2 for $10 with a Sally's Card.

*Photo Credit: China Glaze


 


I purchased Black Mesh (Black)  and Fault Line (Purple).



My first attempt came out a little wonky. I should of done two coats of my base color Essie Status Symbol (Pink)



I found that you really have to let your base color dry completely 100% to get the best "crackle/shattered" look. The Crackle polish dries really fast matte but when you add a top coat it will be shiny.


Overall I like this polish and it's fun to play with use under different base colors.


So the final verdict?


Cons


None


Pros


Cheaper than O.P.I. I got two for $2 over what O.P.I. charges


Great color selection.


I'm usually greedy with my 's, but it's nail polish it really has to FAIL to not get a good score.


5/5 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Luv Y'all,


Mean It!


XoxO, Kendall



1 ♥Say Something♥:

Shattered & Crackled II- China Glaze Fault Line Crackle Polish - Just A Girl | Just A Girl said...

[...] recently did a post on China Glazes Black Crackle Polish, (Black Mesh), so I figure why not do another follow up post on the purple one that I purchased [...]