Friday, March 4, 2011

Product Review ~ Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

Hey Y'all!
I was talking to a friend yesterday (Hi, Anya *waves*) and she was telling me that I need to break out of my department store foundation box and review some drugstore brands because she actually reads this blog and values my opinion. I'm not really in the market for a new foundation as I'm content with my MUFE HD Foundation (#185) and MAC MSF Foundation (NW50).                                                                                                                                                                             They work, I like them and they match me. I wont lie.. It's hard out here for an end of the brown color spectrum girl to find a good foundation match. >_< The hunt for a good match leaves me feeling stank and defeated sometimes.

I was in Ulta today, looking for a toner because I can't run to Korea to get more of my beloved 3W Clinic Olive Toner ran out *cries*, when I remembered to take a look at the foundations. I tend to be more hesitant when it comes to buying drugstore foundations because if they don't match I get frustrated because the stores usually don't have testers. >_< Seriously, do you hear me drugstores, get some FREAKIN' testers!!! Real testers not that stupid clear plastic film that you hold up to your face! I want to "try before I buy".
I decided to try the Dream Liquid Mousse because it promises an "Airbrush Finish" and if I can look airbrushed in life I'm down. I also choose this one because they actually had a dark shade in stock. Cocoa Dark #3. I made sure that if it wasn't a match that it was returnable and the sales associate said yes.



*sorry that swatch really sucks.....


What Maybelline Claims




  • Air-whipped liquid provides perfecting coverage for 100% poreless skin

  • Ideal for normal skin

  • Oil-free, fragrance-free,  Dermatologist-tested, allergy-tested, non-comedogenic – won’t clog pores, safe for sensitive skin


Pros


It's turned out to be a great match.


In my opinion it's lighter than my MAC MSF and MUFE perfect for the warmer weather.


Price $7.99 at ULTA


Cons

I still had pores. Maybelline is really reaching by claiming 100% poreless skin.

I would feel more comfortable using MAC or MUFE if I was doing my face for photography reasons.

I'm obsessed with pores now..

 

Rating: Out of 5 ’s I give this product-♥ ♥ ♥ ♥




I still have pores & a mean stank face...


What is your favorite drugstore brand foundation? Seriously, I want to know.




Luv Y'all!!

Mean It!

XoXo

0 ♥Say Something♥: