Sunday, February 20, 2011

Easy Smokey Black Eye FOTN

Hi Y'all!!

I wanted to share a quick and easy Black Smokey Eye look. I was headed to Aurum Lounge in Mid-town Atlanta for my friends birthday Party and I was in the mood for a smokey black eye look. I've been quite obsessed with the black smokey this winter. It's become one of my go to looks.

Step #1 ~ Prep & Prime your eye. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance.


Step #2 ~ Apply a black base on your eyelid and bring it slightly above your crease. I used MAC's Blacktrack Paint Pot. I also like to use NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean for this type of look. Don't worry if its not perfect, that's what blending, makeup wipes and Q Tips are for.




Step #3~ Apply a Black Eye Shadow in your crease and blend it out and up. I used Urban Decay's Oil Slick (Black with silver glitter). I also applied my highlight color MAC Woodwinked on the brow bone.


Step #4~ Press a black shadow onto your lid. I used Too Faced Black Suede.


Step #5 ~Apply lashes (if your in the mood). I also lined my waterline and lower lash line using Urban Decays 24/7 Pencil Liner in Zero. I used Ardell Lashes #106 -Black.


*The flash washed out the color a bit and makes it appear more silver than black...


Step #6~Fix your brows. Blend out any harsh lines. Clean up any glitter fallout (Oil Sick is quite glittery). Line your upper lash line with a black liner. I used NYX Liquid liner in Jet Black.

Step #7 ~ Finish your face! I like to apply my foundation etc. after I finish my eyes especially when I'm using dark colors or shadows with a lot of fallout so when I'm done with my eyes I can clean it up and not ruin my foundation etc.


I don't know why my mouth is open in this pic :(


Cheesy fake smile shot!



I look a bit frightened in this shot..



When we were walking back to the parking garage we noticed that Jimmy John's was giving away Free Smells?? WTF??




XoXo


Kendall

0 ♥Say Something♥: