Friday, February 18, 2011

Let's Be Neutral & Naked

Hi Y'all!

I received an email from Urban Decay announcing that their infamous Naked Palette is available again for purchase on their website and will soon be available in stores! I thought I'd share because I know a lot of people who are trying to get their hands on this palette.




I'm a big fan of Urban Decay's espcially their 24/7 Pencil Eyeliners and their eyeshadows. Although the NAKED palette is beautiful and is perfect for someone looking for a nuetral palette, I think I may end up passing on it for now. I already have a a lot of these colors between my Book of Shadows II Palette Ammo Palette and single shadows in my collection. Off the top of my head I counted 7 colors that I already have.

When I really looked into it it would only make sense for me to purchase this palette for "collection" reasons or for backups of colors I really like and honestly I own a lot of eye-shadows and I could probably dupe many of the colors from other brands especially from my Two Faced Neutral Eye Kit (which I love and is slightly cheaper than the UD Naked Palette.

The Naked Palette has also increased in price a bit because instead of getting a 24/7 liner eyeliner pencil they threw in their Good Karma Brush. It's retailing for $48 which is a good deal if you take the price of single shadows, Primer Potion and the brush into account.


Eyeshadows Included~Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic), Gunmetal (dark grey metallic).

Travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion: Original formula and Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush.

Even though I originally wanted this palette I'm glad that I took a step back and really thought about it. I have seen the palette and its great and I would recommend it to someone looking for a high quality neutral palette or to some looking to build their stash. I do wish that Urban Decay would come out with more great colors and stop recycling and remixing existing ones into new palettes.  >_<

XoXo

Kendall

1 ♥Say Something♥:

Smokey Eye Addiction - Just A GirlJust A Girl said...

[...] wrote a post earlier this week about the Naked Palette. My main reason is because it’s full of Urban Decay duplicates that I already own. The Black [...]