Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Filofax Finance Pages

I will be honest when it comes to money, I'm really really good at spending it. I seriously lack discipline when it comes to keep track of my money and staying on a budget because it's not fun.
I've seen the Filofax Finance Tracking Inserts online and I've been curious about them, but not curious enough to invest in them. I was super surprised when my Malden arrived with not only a Cream colored Finance tab but also with some Finance Tracking sheets.
I think I've used every app on the planet to try to keep track of my finances. My bank, Mint.com, Manilla.com and probably more. I've also tried using the mobile apps and I just dont keep up with it.

I've decided to give the Finance inserts in my Filofax a whirl. I really need a reality check about where my money is going. I know how much is coming in, but I often am in denial about it's outgoings. I'm going to force myself to keep track of everything I spend for 30 days. I also have another reason to open my Filofax and write something down .


I'm not setting it up like a typical checkbook. Right now I don't care so much about my balance. I want to know what I'm blowing money on so I can start to cut back. I think my biggest expense is dinner. :( I was looking back at what I had for dinner the past 2 1/2 weeks and I've eaten out every night! Which is really bad. Some argue that its super expensive, but I'm one person. I always order something that will have leftovers so I can eat it for lunch the next day or even two days. I don't really go grocery shopping much so I'm not eating out and buying groceries.  I also hate making my lunch everyday so I love opening a take out container and plopping it into a Gladware bowl and keeping it moving! I think I also eat out alot because I go with my BFF and I figure why rush home to an empty apartment. My mother says that I should #YOLO while I'm still free.
I have no idea why I just wrote an entire paragraph about food. ...

I'm going to do my best to stick to this for one month and try to make it a habit. I will report back to see how I'm doing. Wish me luck and SAVINGS!


XoXo

2 ♥Say Something♥:

Yay, for Fridays! said...

Ha! I feel you on the food thing. I think that's what we spend most our money on, too, and I'm budgeting for a family of (soon-to-be) four. Doesn't help that I suck at cooking, either. Good for you for making an effort to track your expenses. I think trying to organize expenses is no fun, but is something we have to do. G'luck!

Anonymous said...

youtube - videodl.cc: 5D Audio Translate
youtube - youtube.com - youtube.com - youtube.com - youtube.com - youtube.com. - youtube.com - youtube.com - youtube.com. - youtube.com. - mp3 to youtube youtube.com.