Friday, March 11, 2011

Budget Friendly Shampoos & Conditioners for Virgin Hair Extensions

Hey Y'all!

I often get asked from friends and readers who are new to wearing virgin hair extensions. "What's the best shampoo/conditioner to use? " "Do I have to buy expensive shampoos and conditioners"? I will share some shampoos and conditioners that I really like and worked well on both my Virgin Indian and Virgin Malaysian Extensions and all the other leftovers and scraps in my stash. :)

I want to keep this list affordable and name some of the less expensive shampoos and conditioners. Every product that I list can be purchased at Target, Wal-Mart, most drugstores or Sally's (depending on where you live, if not try Amazon.com). I will keep this list under $10.00 per product and most of these products are in the $5-$7 range.

Virgin hair costs a lot of money and it worth every penny, in my opinion. If you take care of it it will last for multiple installs.  I've re-used my 26" Wagman's Malaysian Extensions 6 times. I'm about to go hard in the paint and rock it some more. I've lost some length from trimming and cutting, but it's going strong.

Around the time when I purchased my first hand tied wefts I was all about using the most expensive and the "best" shampoos and conditioners. I was also going through a no sulfate shampoo phase. Now I'm not highly concerned about sulfates vs. non sulfates. I've been down both roads and have personally seen no differences.

My favorite shampoo is Pantene Clarifying Shampoo. I love using this shampoo because I curl my hair a lot and I use alot of hair spray and clarifying shampoos are great for removing product buildup. I've heard that this product may be discontinued (explains way I couldn't find it). When I ran out I picked up Suave's Clarifying Shampoo.


Suave Humectrics ~ This shampoo and conditioner is great if your looking to replenish moisture if your hair is feeling dry.


Creme of Nature ~ This is one of my favorites. Great affordable choice if your looking for a certified organic shampoo and conditioner.


Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner ~ I love this conditioner. It always leaves my hair super soft and it smells great. I haven't tried the shampoo so I can't co-sign on it. (I posted a picture of the shampoo just so you can see what it looks like, the conditioner looks the same)


Cantu Shea Butter -Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream ~ This is my favorite product to deep condition my hair (my natural hair and extensions) with. I put it in my hair put a cheap plastic shower cap on it and finish my shower business then rinse. Or if I want to give my hair some extra lovin' I'll leave it on with a shower cap for an hour then rinse.


 

 

Infusium 23 Leave-In Treatment ~ This product claims to Infuses the hair cuticle to help nourish and restore healthy texture and strengthens against damage. I just use it as a quick spray on leave-in when my hair is still wet.

This is in no a comphrensive list. I just wanted to share some of my budget friendly favorites.


Luv Y'all


Mean It!


XoXo, Kendall

0 ♥Say Something♥: