Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend Y'all!!!  I kinda skipped Thanksgiving this year.... I felt like if I couldn't be with my Momma & Dad then, I was just gonna do whatever I wanted..... My cousin who I live with went to dinner with her side of the family and to be honest I didn't just feel like going....  So I napped and chilled did schoolwork and read my book. Loose Girl: A Memoir of Promiscuity by Kerry Cohen. (Review coming soon as I finish on Beauty's Bookshelf.  Which y'all should check out.  We cute, we play with makeup & WE READ!!!!)
I changed my mind and decided hat I did want to go out to dinner so I did a local Google search to see what was open on Thanksgiving that wasn't fast food or required a reservation.  I picked the Cracker Barrel, lol!!!!

Grabbed my book and enjoyed a full meal for $7.99!!! I got the Thanksgiving Special ~ Turkey (duh), Ham, Stuffing/Dressing, 2 sides of your choice mac & cheese & steak fries =), a drink and Pumpkin Pie for dessert, and the corn bread and biscuit basket that they always have.  I still have left overs =).  My mom felt bad that I did that but we always eat out on Thanksgiving anyways and she always instilled in me to "love my own company" & "entertain myself" and I'm comfortable doing at this point in my life.  My Aunt Jean always says "One Monkey Don't Stop No Show"! It's so true.  I'm thankful that I have the courage to eat out alone or go see a movie by myself. I think every women should be able to enjoy her own company! Grab a glossy magazine or a good book and do you! I just need something to read not as "armor", but to occupy myself.  I love myself but I'm not that damn interesting!

I also didn't stress Thanksgiving Day because I knew the REAL PARTY was Thanksgiving night!!! I got to meet up with Ms.Bombchell ATL- Atlanta's Sexist Geek! My cousin Monica & our roommate Malaika and we went to Opera Nightclub for an event being hosted by Rashard Lewis & some members Orlando Magic. (They beat the Falcons that night so I thought they'd be in a good mood and "buy the bar", but no, lol....
I'm so happy that I Googled the event and printed out passes! The standard $20 cover fee down here is starting to irritate my broke behind.



CLUB SPY CAM *FAIL*
 OPPS...I  forgot that I was taking video in the dark!!! It looked ok when I was recording...
 


I'm soooo upset that I didn't take any pics with Michelle :(  Or any pics! :( Just stupid dark video...


I'm starting to feel more comfortable down here, which is makes me happy. I feel like I made the right decision. I have my moments when I wanna pack up and go home, then I think about the 15+ hour drive and deal with it.   
I can't wait for Christmas! This is the first year that I'm excited b/c I'm going to go home for a week!!!  I have to run.  Tonight is the Thanksgiving Weekend Finale at the Velvet Room....

Birdman & Lil' Wayne kinda make me throw up in my mouth a bit.......

I wouldn't mind getting a peek at Drake!  I need to keep my broke behind at home....  I'm kinda sick too.. Maybe the alcohol will kill the germs?
This video cracks me up, but I wonder? Does this baby know numbers, ABC's, or just how to mimic his Momma gettin' ready to go to the club!
PARENTING FAIL

XoXo
 Luv Y'all
    Mean It!






 


4 ♥Say Something♥:

wuzzyangel said...

I'm glad you had a great Turkey Day even if it wasn't spent with all your fam! :)

ANd going out and having fun is celebrating the spirit to me! :)

Bombchell said...

BWAHAHAHA @ the video!!!! I told u it would be dark, omg i soooo much fun.

lol do u remember how many guys like jumped on u once we got it, and the weird guys that kept touching my knee!!!!!!!

next time we're def getting pics!

MMM said...

Atlanta Hawks, some crazy person is going to get you for getting that wrong. haha <---I put that so you didn't think I was being bitchy.

I love Opera, I am glad it wasn't lame for you.

Yumeko said...

so glad it went well!
also good to hear u are getting more comfortable too

hUGs!

p.s i want u to be fangirl with me!