Monday, April 27, 2009

Swatch Crazy with About Face Cosmetics

Hi Y'all. I hope everybody had a good weekend got some sun and stayed away from the piggy swine flu....... @(
I heard about About Face Cosmetics from my Beauty Blogger luva Melissa aka Fabulously Thrifty. They have so many colors to pick from. I didn't know what to do with my self. It was overwhelming but in a good way. My greedy behind wanted them all... The nice thing about About Face Cosmetics is that you can order SAMPLES!!! So I ordered a bunch, like 24 I think! Each sample is only $.50 cents!!! So here's what I got!!! I think it's really nice that they allow you to get samples because they have like 100's of colors to choose from and some are matte, shimmery, velvet, twinkles & pearls, and powdered diamond dusts. Of course after I figure out what colors I really want, I'll be back for full sized orders......
*Photo taken from theshespace.com
So here's what I got!!! I think it's really nice that they allow you to get samples because they have like 100's of colors to choose from and some are matte, shimmery, velvet, twinkles & pearls, and powdered diamond dusts. Of course after I figure out what colors I really want, I'll be back for full sized orders......

According to there website each sample bag is enough for 5 applications.... But y'all know that Kendall doesn't like baggies, >_< href="http://www.tkbtrading.com/">TKB Trading. I mean don't get me wrong I love samples I just find baggies hard to work with and I'm OCD and anal.....

Ahhh... So much better......

All pics were taken with a flash and no base or primers were used. All swatches were applied dry with a Qtip b/c I didn't feel like cleaning my brushes 25 times aka lazy.

Swatch Set 1
1. Bubble & Burn (Black with Gold Flecks)
2. Lucky Charm (Black with subtle Magenta Flecks)
3. Zelda's Revenge (Black with subtle Purple Flecks)
4. Enemy Mine (I would describe it as dirt brown)
5. Always A Player (A lighter dirt brown/dark greys)


Swatch Set 2
1. Deflated Folly
2. Martyr Girl
3. Lying Mirrors
4. Girls With Attitude
5. Party For One


Swatch Set 3
1. A Bit Naughty
2. Rocked by Love
3. After the Kiss
4. Save The Trolls
5. Lives for Drama
6. Valley Girl


Swatch Set 4
1. Full of Hope
2. Pushing Daisies
3. Click Your Heels
4. Broken Rules
5. Shot the Messenger
6. Ethereal Winds
7. Cynical Fairy

I really love these shadows. They are pigmented and true to color even on my dark skin.
I did a look with some of the colors the other day but my dumb behind forgot to take pics. I was really just an every look nothing special......

Out of 5 I give About Face Cosmetics ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I'll be back for more........

Oh they also have a blog if your interested click here.

Ok, back to finals >_<.... I'm free as off this Friday and will be burning all my books!!! Joking, I'll sell them back and make a whole $5 from a textbook that cost $199.....

XoXo

P.S. In the name of shameless self promotion y'all should go over to WHITNEY'S BLOG and vote for me Number LUCKY 13 Tropical Spice (she said it's ok to advertise), and you should read her blog anyways because I like her! Um if I win I promise to get better cafeteria food and a longer lunch periods and no classes on Fridays!!

9 ♥Say Something♥:

Jasmin said...

Wow, they do look pigmented.. I so need to try these.. Thanks, for posting.

Anonymous said...

Kendall!!!! You went swatch crazy! lol!!! very cool how you got them all in separate jars!

Go check out HALF.com to sell your books! You'll make SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more then reselling them back to the schools bookstore!

The only thing about half.com is that once you sell a book, you have to fork out your own shipping $ first and ship it off, then half.com will deposit the $ in your bank when their 2 week cycle comes around.

U dont even need to take pics. Just describe the boooks condition as accurate as possible.

(USPS Media Mail is for books and is very cheap to mail out although it usually is very slow service)
Good luck!

wuzzyangel said...

Good luck with finals woman!

Wow those are a lot of samples! LOL! Thanks for the swatchies!! Your arm is our rainbow canvas! LOL!

Iyah Love said...

those swatches are amazingly pigmented! They are just too pretty!!! :D

Rai said...

I love their pigments! =D

Vanessa M. said...

ahhhh so prettyyy!!!

Katrina said...

Wow they look so pretty! I followed you and I am about go get me some samples too! I dont know if this is a dumb question, but where did you get the little pots?

Katrina said...

I bought 6 samples! AHHH I cant wait to try them out!!!! :)

Fabulously Thrifty said...

I'm with Katrina..are those the same lil' containers from Coastal Scents?